Special Educational Needs
At Barn Croft Primary School we aim to meet the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs by:
- Providing a supportive atmosphere in which all children can develop their skills.
- Identifying the needs of pupils at the earliest opportunity
- Liaising with outside agencies to ensure high quality provision
- Having individual pupil SEN records maintained in good order
- Encouraging parents to be equal and active participants in both the evaluation and action to be t
- taken on behalf of their child.
- Including pupils in the monitoring of their own learning development at an age appropriate level
- Ensuring staff are kept up to date with developments in the field of Special Educational Needs
- Monitoring Practice within the school
Please click into the links below to see the SEND Policy.
Waltham Forest also have a Local Offer. Please click here to view the Local offer.
This offers services that are available for children and young people in Waltham Forest with special educational needs and / or disabilities aged from birth to 25.
Waltham Forest Parent Forum provides free and confidential advice to families of children with SEN or disabilities.
Visit their website here for more information: www.walthamforestparentforum.com
Support for families living with Cerebral Palsy – https://www.cerebralpalsyguidance.com/cerebral-palsy/living/