Here at Barn Croft Primary School we take the duty of safeguarding our children with great responsibility. It is everyone’s duty to safeguard the children in our care, please read our Safeguarding Policy and Child on Child Abuse Policy (PDFs below) for further information.
Tracey Griffiths (Headteacher) is the Designated Safeguarding Lead at Barn Croft. As safeguarding is our top priority at Barn Croft we have a number of Senior Leaders and Senior Staff who are also DSL trained and support the DSL’s role.
All contact details, including Local Authority and external agencies can be found in the Safeguarding Policy below.
For more information on our Designated Safeguarding Leads click here to be taken to our ‘Who’s Who’ page where you can see the members of staff.
We believe that all children have a right to be safe and should be protected from all forms of abuse and neglect.
Although reporting concerns can be uncomfortable for staff, and be unpleasant for families, as a school, we recognise that it is better to help children, young people, and their families early, before issues escalate and become more damaging.
Because safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility, all staff are committed to recognizing and reporting all concerns relating to child safety, wellbeing and are vigilant to spot signs of abuse and maltreatment.
As such, we promise to:
- Be observant and alert to signs of abuse
- Be curious and question explanations given by parents / children / staff
- Be compassionate, honest, and clear
- Ask for support when we feel at the limit of our experience / patience / skills
- Understand and follow school policies and procedures
- Work together with other agencies when appropriate to make sure that support for children, young people and families is effective and helps improve outcomes.
To view our Safeguarding Policy or Child on Child Abuse Policy please download the PDFs below
To see how you can help safeguard your child online, please click here to be taken to our Internet Safety page.